Engage in May MENSTRAVAGANZA online!
We like the Menstrual Hygiene Day website. Have a look at it here: Menstrual Hygiene Day.
Menstrual Hygiene Day is the 28th May – so there’s still 2 weeks to organise a cake sale, coffee morning or other fundraising event to raise awareness of this issue. We’d love you to raise some funds for ‘the girls’ that we met in Malawi and we’d really like you to talk to as many people as possible about the work we are doing in Malawi. They can then tell their friends, raise funds and so on.
Once you talk about this, it is surprising how many people wonder what happens elsewhere. And how many people then request help for countries they know of, or have come from theselves. We have already had people say there is a need in the Cameroon, Uganda and Tanzania and we are positive this is just a small representation of need.
This issue is MASSIVE.
PLEASE let as many other people know about it as possible.
Follow May MENSTRAVAGANZA social media campaign on:
- Follow, retweet and favourite tweets from @WASHUnited
- Use hashtags #MenstruationMatters & #MenstrualHygiene
- Join us for a global #MenstrualHygiene Twitterchat on May 21 at 4PM CET (3PM GMT, 10AM EST, 7:30PM IST)
- Download and print out the sign
- Write a reason why #MenstruationMatters to you. Don’t forget to include your name, country (and organisation!)
- Take a picture of yourself holding the sign
- Send as JPG file to email@example.com
- Use on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+) around May 28th along with the hashtag #MenstruationMatters!